Disclaimer: Guardianship in California is governed by the California Probate Code, California Rules of Court, California Code of Civil Procedure, and by local court rules that vary from county to county. The discussions contained in this website and in any related material are only intended as a brief overview of the issues and law relating to grandparent visitation. 

Generally, if you are a grandparent or relative of a child, or a non-relative with whom a child resides, and you are raising the child either because the parents are absent, or are unable to care for their children (like if they are on drugs, or in jail), or are perpetrating child abuse or neglect, and if you want custody of the child and not just visitation rights to see the child, you can file a guardianship petition with the court. 

If you are a person seeking to be appointed as the guardian of the person (and or property) of a minor child, call the attorneys at   Ihejirika Law Corporation to discuss and assist you with your matter. DON’T DELAY. CALL US TODAY TO DISCUSS YOUR CASE. (877) 472-6013, (916) 972-8774, or (916) 972-8779.


(877) 472-6013, (916) 972-8774, OR (916) 972-8779. SPEAK WITH AN ATTORNEY TODAY!!!